Bidding Instructions - How To Bid In Our Online Auctions | Bid Fast and Last®

What Is the Difference Between a "Virtual Live Auction"  and a Live Auction?

A "Virtual Live" is an online-only auction. This is an online auction and the bidding is between our Bid Fast and Last app and those bidding on Proxibid. You can watch your screen for the bidding. Virtual Live is all the excitement of our Live Auctions, but from the comfort of your home — no need to drive to the auction house!

"Virtual Live" auctions offer pre-bidding prior to the auction. This helps keep the actual "live" portion of the auction down to a decent length of time. Pre-bidding is usually several weeks prior to the auction and ends when the Virtual Live auction starts. If you are pre-bidding, we recommend you either enter a max bid or log back into the auction 10 minutes before Virtual Live auction begins to make sure you are able to bid on the items you would like to win.

A Live auction is done onsite, with an auctioneer and bidders at the auction house or location. You may also bid online during live auctions. 

How to Bid in a "Virtual Live" Auction

  • Click on the “Bid Fast and Last” button on the auction you would like to join
  • Click on the red “Register to Bid” button on right side of page
  • Enter your information. Credit card must be entered — this is only a deposit hold that is held within your bank and then released
  • You are now ready to bid on our amazing items!

Auction Buyer Premiums and Fees

  • In Live Auctions, where bidding is done onsite, buyer premiums are 10%.
  • Bidding online during a Live Auction is an additional 5%, for a total of 15% buyer premium
  • In Virtual Live Auctions, the buyer premium is 10% plus an additional 5% online premium for a total buyer premium of 15% 
  • Local sales tax charged on buyer premiums
  • Absolutely no per lot fee and no gate fees charged to buyers

Payments Accepted

We gladly accept Cash, Wire Transfer, Visa* or Mastercard*. 

*All credit card payments add an additional 3.8% convenience fee to the final price

Terms and Conditions

By registering for our auctions, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions. The bidder offering the highest bid accepted by the auctioneer shall be the purchaser of the offered lot, and no purchaser shall retract his bid. Purchaser accepts a lot when he makes a bid. All bids are final. If you are designated the winning bidder, you must pay within 48 hours. If for any reason terms are not met and items are not paid in full, there is a 25% restocking fee charged to your card on file.

Upcoming Auctions